Alabama jumped out to a 25-5 lead and never looked back, dominating on both sides of the floor on its way to a convincing 120-61 victory over the Lithuania Men’s “B” National Team Thursday night in Paris. With the win, the Crimson Tide improved to 2-0 on its foreign tour with one game remaining (Friday night vs. Chinese National Team).
Freshman Brandon Miller led the charge on the offensive end of the floor, finishing with a double-double 28 points, 19 coming in the second half, and 10 rebounds. Graduate transfer Dom Welch also had a double-double with 11 points and 10 boards in the victory. Sophomore Nimari Burnett finished with 19 points, 15 of which came in the opening stanza, while Noah Clowney and Darius Miles each finished with 13 points.
The Tide dominated the boards, beyondbounding Lithuania 64-28 on the night including a 16-6 advantage on the offensive glass.
Fun from the first tip??
— Alabama Men’s Basketball (@AlabamaMBB) August 12, 2022
Alabama will next be in action Friday night in Paris against the Chinese National Team at 7:30 pm CEST (12:30 pm CT).
- Alabama scored the game’s first 10 points and went on to outscore Lithuania 40-14 in the opening stanza
- The Tide connected on 51.9 percent (41-of-79) from the field and 43.8 percent (14-of-32) and 86.7 percent from the charity stripe (24-of-28)
- Miller finished the night connecting on 11-of-20 from the field and 5-of-8 from beyond the arc
- Sears also played well all-around, adding seven rebounds and four assists to his stat line
- UA finished with 23 assists on the night, led by Jaden Bradley’s five dimes
- Burnett scored 15 of his 19 points on the night in the opening half
- Head coach Nate Oats started a completely different lineup than the first game of the Tour, going with five new players at each position
- Alabama outscored Lithuania started and ended the game strong, combining to outscore Lithuania by 42 points in the first (40-14) and fourth (29-13) quarters (69-27)
- Miller earned the Hard Hat Award, making it two freshmen that have won the honor across the Tide’s two contests (Rylan Griffen)
*** This information was acquired from a recent press release from Alabama Athletics.
Did you know that BOL has a podcast? The BamaOnLine Podcast brings you the latest Alabama news and insight from Travis Reier, Charlie Potter, Hank South and Tim Watts. Catch the latest episode right here gold subscribe on iTunes today!
Contact Charlie Potter by personal message or on Twitter (@Charlie_Potter).