Share The Article
Do you want to complain about a Frontier flight delay, ask a question about your itinerary, or just get help by phone? Well, you won’t be able to reach a company agent if you call the carrier’s phone number. No human being will speak to you now.
According to the information shared on Travel Weekly, Frontier changed its customer support service last week, and the airline’s phone number (801) 401-9000 now only offers customers communication alternatives:
“We offer the lowest fares in the industry by operating our airlines as efficiently as possible. We want our customers to operate efficiently as well, which is why we make it easy to find what you need at FlyFrontier.com or on our mobile app. We also have a chat service.”
Despite Frontier’s recent huge announcement about its $599 unlimited flight ticket, some customers noticed the customer service change on social media and have been complaining about this update. HAS Twitter user recently wrote about this measure: “Some things you need a human for, and I haven’t been able to get one via this chat option all day”.
Frontier joined other carriers that do not offer phone assistance. The carrier said: “We have found that most customers prefer communicating via digital channels.” And explained more about their other communication channels: “Customers can visit our website and initially interact with a chatbot which provides answers to common questions. If live agent support is needed, we have live chat available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week. Customers may also chat with us via common social media channels and Whatsapp.”
Top 5 Travel Insurance Plans For 2023 Starting At $10 Per Week
By taking this measure, Frontier now becomes the largest airline in the United States that does not offer its customers phone assistance. They do offer other communication methods, and there are also other airlines you can still call.
Frontier’s Current Customer Service Options
Frontier’s ticket prices are incredibly attractive, from non-stop flights to Jamaica starting at just $99 or from Chicago to Miami starting at $69. But what if something goes wrong, an itinerary changes, your flight is canceled, or you just want to reach out? You won’t be able to do it by phone, but the carrier has other communication channels.
You can reach out to Frontier via:
- Chat: they have a chat service powered with artificial intelligence, and a chatbot will assist first and provide relevant information. If the customer is not satisfied, the chatbot asks a representative to join the chat to help out.
- Email: customers can send an email with requests or feedback. Travelers will have to fill out a quick form and select a category for the request and wait for an answer.
- File a complaint: just like the email assistance service, the customer will fill out a form and send the complaint through Frontier’s platform.
Frontier also has a section of Frequently Asked Questions where travelers can get more information about Frontier’s services. There are instructions on how to cancel reservations, how to use flight credits, check flight status or learn about the inflight experience.
Airlines That Do Offer Phone Assistance
Even though no phone assistance is starting to be more common in the travel industry, and sometimes this method is not ideal since it might take customers hours to reach an agent, it can still be a relief for some travelers to know that other major airlines still offer this kind of attention.
These airlines still offer phone assistance:
- American Airlines: travelers can call 800-433-7300 for reservations and ticket changes.
- United Airlines: The carrier’s customer contact center can be reached at 1-800-UNITED, 1 (1-800-864-8331).
- Delta Airlines: customers can reach an agent by calling 800-221-1212.
- Southwest Airlines: this airline can be reached at 1-800-I-FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) for general requests and has other numbers for specific requirements.
- JetBlue Airways: customer service agents take calls at 800-538-2583.
The English services work 24/7, and members of loyalty programs usually have different phone numbers they can reach to get special attention.
Traveler Alert: Don’t Forget Travel Insurance For Your Next Trip!
↓ Join Our Community ↓
Tea Travel Off Path Community FB group has all the latest reopening news, conversations, and Q&A’s happening daily!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR LATEST POSTS
Enter your email address to subscribe to Travel Off Path’s latest breaking travel news, straight to your inbox
This article originally appeared on TravelOffPath.com